FOR RELEASE: August 3, 2008
For further information:
(212) 371-1011 ext. 2997
AS YOU CAN SEE THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS RELEASED ON AUGUST 3, 2008, THE DAY BEFORE THE PARISHIONERS OF ST. CHARLES WHERE TOLD THAT MSGR. HARRIS WAS REMOVED.
TODAY IS OCTOBER 1, 2008, ACTUALLY 2 MONTHS SINCE MSGR. HARRIS WAS REMOVED FROM ST.CHARLES (he was rushed out like a thief in the night the Thursday before the grand announcement).
- No advisory board meeting yet.
- Now we have 11 accusers.
- No more statements from the Archdiocese.
- No visits to St. Charles from any Archdiocesan officials.
- No show of support or comfort to the Parish
- NOTHING AT ALL!!!!
THIS MAN HAS BEEN FAITHFUL AND LOYAL TO THE ARCHDIOCESE FOR THE PAST 35+ YEARS, AND THIS IS HIS REWARD FOR BEING A TRUE AND FAITHFUL DEDICATED SERVANT TO HIS CHURCH. WHAT HASN'T HE DONE FOR THE ARCHDIOCESE? HOW MANY PEOPLE HAS HE ALONE BROUGHT INTO THE CHURCH? HOW MANY BOARDS/ORGANIZATIONS/COMMITTEES HAS HE SERVED ON? HOW MANY TIMES HAS BEEN CALLED TO REPRESENT THE ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK? HOW MUCH MONEY HAS HE RAISED FOR THE ARCHDIOCESE?
And all of that now means NOTHING. I guess right now i should be more like my teacher and mentor and just be OBEDIENT AND LOYAL to the Church of New York. Hell NO, my mentor and teacher instilled values in me along with obedience and loyalty like following the actions of Jesus. Jesus walked among the accused, and stood up for them.
For the past 5 weeks at St. Charles, we have been told to pray, be silent, wait, and to not do anything to hurt MSGR. any more, keep tithing, sign up, don't talk to the press and so on and so on. I HAD ENOUGH OF THAT. please someone tell me what are we waiting for, who are we waiting for and why are we waiting?
- MSGR. didn't give you a chance to wait to sign up, he told you what he needed you to do.
- MSGR. didn't bite his tongue, he said what he had to say and didn't care about your little feelings.
- MSGR. needed money for a project, and you gave your money for the completion.
- MSGR. was loyal to 1011 first avenue, but he was not afraid of the archdiocese.
- MSGR. is our leader, and he has EMPOWERED each and every one of us to lead.
SO IT IS TIME TO LEAD MY FELLOW MSGR. HARRIS SUPPORTERS. IT IS TIME TO CARRY THE MANTEL UNTIL MSGR. RETURNS. SINCE WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING SINCE AUGUST 3, 2008; WE CANT POSSIBLY BELIEVE MSGR. HARRIS IS BEING TREATED JUSTLY BY THE GOOD ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK.
BUT IF THAT IS THE CASE AND THEY ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO HELP THEIR LOYAL AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.......... THEN OPEN YOUR MOUTHS AND TELL US SOMETHING.
BETTER YET, LET MSGR. HARRIS SPEAK!
Either one will be good for me, I will continue to pray but the Archdiocese will not receive another penny from me or my family until this humiliation of MSGR. HARRIS IS OVER.
David Dennis - Class of 1987