Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My response to a NY Post article


Responding to Ed Robinson of the Post.


My name is Richard Murphy. I received a call this afternoon from a dear friend and high-school classmate informing me of the allegations made against Fr. Wallace Harris. I am so upset to think that anyone would accuse this man of being anything less than a mentor and a good friend. As a young high-school student at Cathedral Prep, transplanted from rural Ireland at the age of 15, I found myself alone in the big city. I was the odd man out but was so warmly welcomes at my new school unequaled to this day. Adding to this welcome was the faculty of which Fr. Harris was an out spoken member. I developed a close relationship with Fr. Harris during my time at the Prep and can say from the bottom of my heart that I did and still do have total faith in the purity of this man's heart. I am proud to say that Fr. Harris presided over my wedding, a moment that these false allegations will never take away from me. I stand by Fr. Harris in his denial of these allegations and welcome any call or correspondence from anyone seeking further information or comment.

Sincerely,

Richard Murphy
Cathedral Prep-Class of 90'

No comments: